Here it is another Mother's Day. This year I have decided to reevaluate what Mother's day is all about. It is not, and probably never will be a "day off". I am approaching it as a day to step back and recognize the great blessing of being a mother. I am going to embrace the day and be grateful that I have been trusted with these choice spirits to raise on earth. That includes Caleb setting his alarm at midnight so he could get up and hide my Mother's day gift, cleaning up a tornado struck kitchen after an "appetizing" breakfast in bed, Amelia asking if I bought her a gift for Mother's Day, and Livvy grabbing back the Mother's Day gift she made for me at school explaining that she made it and it belongs to her. It also includes being asked for the millionth time if I am about to deliver (no, I have 2 more months!), Amelia sticking out her tummy and waddling to imitate my walk, and Livvy's daily question of "why are you so big?" It includes hugs and kisses, love notes, smiles, and I love you's. It is being "Mommy", being needed, being loved. It is what I have always wanted to be. Thanks to my amazing mom for showing me the way to this challenging path of joy and fulfillment. For my Mother's day gift to myself, I have gathered pictures to remind me why I am grateful to be a mother and I want to share it with all of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So beautiful Sarah! Happy Mother's Day!
I love it!
So precious... you always have a way of doing things so classy with that beautiful video movie and so funny with your kids! If it makes you feel better Wyatt took back his Mothers day gift he gave to me too. Oh well!!!
This is the true meaning of mother's day indeed. Thank you sharing these inspiring words and photos...very moving. You are a great mother and I'm constantly amazed at all you do (with a smile on your face) without help much of the time. I love you.
Oooh Sarah -- I loved your sweet blog with the fun pictures and Ella!! We are here in Milwaukee and I took a minute to check my e-mail for the first time in over a week. How fun to see what you made. I am so proud of the mother that you are!! Love, love, love,
Mom
Post a Comment