Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

The children were out of school for the entire week before Easter, so we tried to fill it with fun.

We kicked off the weeks activities with a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. We have such a fun neighborhood! The race is on... (by the way, I have no idea what Vanessa and Roberta are talking about in the background)

We made edible nests to welcome Spring!

Easter would not be complete without dying Easter eggs. I always think of Grandma's old condo in St George when we dye Easter eggs, they seem to go together.

The Primary had a fun Easter party with games and of course an Easter egg hunt.

This game must have been extra challenging for Amelia without her two front teeth to clamp down on the spoon with.

And here is Easter morning and the big candy hunt! Notice how busy Livvy's jaws are and how empty her basket. I guess she was too busy eating candy to concentate on finding more.

We had friends join us for Easter Sunday Dinner--8 children and 2 Mom's. Their Daddy is gone too, so we both enjoyed the company. Could my Livvy be any cuter?

Do you love the centerpiece that Amelia made? She worked hard to make a beautiful table for our party.
All spruced up in new duds for Easter Sunday.

And as usual, Olivia on the move! I could not get her to sit still for pictures.
And although there are not any pictures... I was amazed at how much my children absorbed and learned about our Savior as we spent each night reading the scriptures and discussing the last week of His life on earth. Watching them learn and seeing the seeds of testimony being planted made my own testimony grow. What a blessing these wonderful children are to my life! I am so grateful. Happy Easter to all, and to all a goodnight.

6 comments:

Chip and Lisa said...

So PRECIOUS!!!! Love the pictures! Im so glad you blog because it makes me feel close when your so far away. We already miss you!

Jenn said...

You are a wonderful Mommy Sarah! Those three darlings are lucky to have you...

Grandma Lambert said...

Hello our South Carolinians!!! What fun Easter pictures. Those nests look DELICIOUS! Livvy and Amelia look beautiful in their dresses and Caleb is very old and handsome looking in his church clothes.
Miss you much and looking forward to June!!

Grandpa and Grandpa Lambert

Steffani said...

I want that edible nest recipe. That was fun to see your adorable family. I wanted to read the scriptures the week before Easter like that too, but somehow it didn't work out quite like that. There is always next year, right? Miss you guys.

Steffani said...

Sooooo cute! I miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. What a great easter week:-)
-coleman

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

You are an amazing mom, look at all you do! Cute kids and fun times.