Sunday, April 26, 2009

Calling all Readers...

Okay, please please tell me your favorite reads. I am in desperate need of some book recommendations. I'll start by sharing my favorite "These Is My Words"- amazing book that you all should read. Now it's your turn...

7 comments:

MOE said...

hmmmm...I love "As I Lay Dying" but I don't think everyone loves it as much as I do! I also love Tess of the D'Urbervilles. You probably have already read those both. I am pathetic because I haven't read a book in a long time. My last book was "The picture of Dorian Gray" and I didn't even finish it. Currently I am reading "The World is Flat" - an economics book which I find intriguing, but it almost outdated already because of the ever-changing economy. I'll try and think of more recommendations!

MOE said...

sorry - Moe is "Danny & Shalayne" I didn't realize I was logged in under Danny's account :)

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

"These is my words" is sooooo good. I usually read what you tell me to so I have no recommendations for you. But I happened to be with my mother-in-law, a book Connoisseur, and she recommends: Anything by Elizabeth Berg (eg. "Range of Motion") or "The Answer is Yes" by Sara Lewis.

Jenn said...

I feel like I don't get to read fiction much now that my kids are getting older (it's usually how to raise a teenager books these days) but here are some that come to mind:

Many of these are kids/young adult because I like to try and keep up with my kids...

Ida B
Tale of Despereaux
Walk Two Moons
The Education of Little Tree
Esperanza Rising
A single Shard
I am a Mother
I'm currently reading the Book Thief which is great if you haven't already read that one (I'm slow)

If you aren't on goodreads.com you should be! You are the perfect candidate. You can see what books people loved and read hundreds of reviews. You will love it!! Happy reading!

JoAnna said...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society. You will love it! And The Glass Castle. I was recently looking for some new reads and went to Amazon, typed in The Glass Castle (A fav of mine) and they have a thing that's like, "if you liked this then you will like this." I found all sorts of possible leads that way.
Also... You should join or blog book club!!! Anna, Karin, and I do it with a bunch of other people you may know. Check it out. It's on my blog sidebar "Get Ready to Read." We always have awesome books. we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you. We are always looking for willing participants.

Anna said...

I was just going to say the same thing Jo did. I loved "These is My Words. I think you would like "The Book Thief" if you liked "These is My Words". They don't have anything to do with one another but still...

Join our book club.

COLEMAN said...

hi aunt sarah~
My favorite books are:
Yellow Star by jenifer Roy
The City Of Ember by jeanne DuProu
Coraline by neil gaiman
Twilight by stephenie meyer
i have others but i cant come to think of them at this instant(i might have spelled some of the author's names wrong).
LOVE~coleman