
This is not Livvy's first day of school, but she was deteremined to try. She even packed her own lunch box.



Here is Livvy's real first day of school. She couldn't be more proud.
Ok, so I know that most mothers talk about back to school through misty eyes, crying over their lost child. Then there is me. I was so excited about sending all the kids back to school this year. Actually, I was counting down the days. Am I all alone? Am I the worst Mom ever? I rejoiced about sending Livvy to her first preschool class (although it is hard to believe she is old eough); I loved saying goodbye to my big kindergartener Amelia; and I had no problem pushing Caleb out the door and into his second grade classroom. As much as I love being a Mom, I can't help but love the little taste of freedom that school gives me. I have a total of 4 hours a week with absolutely no children. And many more with just Livvy. Going to the store is a whole new experience. My life is so peaceful. We have a routine. I breathe a sigh of relief. But as I read other blogs about shedding tears on the first day of school, I wonder if there is something wrong with me. So I ask, am I alone? But even if I am, I still will not mourn, I will continue in my euphoric state until winter break.
Here is Livvy's real first day of school. She couldn't be more proud.
Ok, so I know that most mothers talk about back to school through misty eyes, crying over their lost child. Then there is me. I was so excited about sending all the kids back to school this year. Actually, I was counting down the days. Am I all alone? Am I the worst Mom ever? I rejoiced about sending Livvy to her first preschool class (although it is hard to believe she is old eough); I loved saying goodbye to my big kindergartener Amelia; and I had no problem pushing Caleb out the door and into his second grade classroom. As much as I love being a Mom, I can't help but love the little taste of freedom that school gives me. I have a total of 4 hours a week with absolutely no children. And many more with just Livvy. Going to the store is a whole new experience. My life is so peaceful. We have a routine. I breathe a sigh of relief. But as I read other blogs about shedding tears on the first day of school, I wonder if there is something wrong with me. So I ask, am I alone? But even if I am, I still will not mourn, I will continue in my euphoric state until winter break.
4 comments:
I suppose I can't legitimately weigh in here because I don't get to send Grant to school but I think I would be happy to have the free time. Don't get me wrong - I'll probably cry the first time but I would be pretty happy to have down time. I love sending Grant to his "junior" pre-school once a week. Those two hours are seriously amazing.
Never cried about it or felt an ounce of sadness!! More like cartwheels and hurkeys!!
You crack me up and no you are not alone. I can't tell you the joy I felt when i dropped Wyatt off at preschool. I think I even giggled a little just imagining myself at the store with just London.
Caleb, Amelia, and Olivia, You all look so nice for your first day of school. I am SO glad you put the pictures on the blog. I LOVE seeing all the fun things you are doing. You are all growing bigger every time I see another picture of you. I love you all !! Grandma Shirlee
Post a Comment